Fresno Fire Department Credit Union was formed in 1935 by Captain Richard “Pappy” Hicks and 107 other Fresno City firefighters. Each member paid a fifty-cent membership fee in order to establish a state charter. Captain Hicks originally used the Lieutenant’s quarters upstairs at Station 4 as his office, as well as traveled to the other stations to conduct transactions.
Over the past several decades, the membership eligibility has been expanded to include firefighters and their families from Fresno, Madera, Merced, Mariposa, Kings and Tulare counties. In the 1990s, a permanent location was established at 5300 N. Fresno St. In 2018, the credit union changed its name to Central Valley Firefighters Credit Union to better reflect its regional membership.
The road to healthy financial wellbeing starts here.
While the credit union continues to grow, we maintain the same commitment to you as we did to our 108 original members. Our Board of Directors, Supervisory and Credit Committee members are all active or retired fire personnel who volunteer their time to ensure that the needs of the membership are met.
Become a Memberopens in a new window
Have a question? Visit our main branch location or call us at 559.228.1997.